The history of Kverneland Group dates back to 1879 when founder, Ole Gabriel Kverneland, built his small forge in the village of Kvernaland, 25 kilometer outside of Stavanger, Norway. The company was at that time known as “O.G. Kvernelands Fabrik”, which manufactured scythes. From 1879 the company developed and specialised in horse powered Ploughs and Harrows. Over decades, Kverneland Group has expanded considerably through several acquisitions of a number of manufacturers of agricultural implements. Today, the machines are sold under the well-known brands Kverneland and Vicon. In addition to this, Kverneland Group has a strong focus on the development and offering of sustainable, smart- and precision farming solutions.